Hippo’Thèse is an association (loi 1901) created by a group of PhD students from l’Ecole Doctorale des Sciences de la Vie et de la Santé (EDSVS) in 2001. Its goal is to bring together PhD students and young within EDSV.
Since its creation the association is engaged in several goals:
- representing PhD students within the University and beyond
- informing PhD students on post thesis actions (professional insertion in academic or private careers)
- valorizing their status with scientific and economic actors
- promoting their professional insertion
- renseigner master students about PhD degree
To reach its goals Hippo’Thèse proposed to its members many activities, such as:
- meeting with businesses and laboratories
- CV’s redaction workshops
- interview simulations
- transversal’s formations
and to spread informations with its website, social media and forum.
The association represents PhD students within the University council, the Doctoral School and Doctoral college and also in the national level with its adhesion to the Confédération des Jeunes Chercheurs (CJC).
The association also proposes afterlabs and breakfasts to facilitate exchanges between future PhD students, current PhD students and young researchers.