Hippo’Thèse is an association (law 1901) created by a group of PhD candidates of doctoral school of biology and medicine (EDSVS). The aim is to gather PhD candidates working in the domain of biology. The different objectives of this association are:
- Represent PhD candidates in academic and national committees.
- Inform PhD candidates about after-thesis (professional insertion in academic institutes and companies)
- Valorize PhD statutes
- Promote professional insertion
- Inform Master students about continuation of studies in the domain of research.
In order to realize these objectives, Hippo’Thèse proposes to these members a lot of activities, such as:
- Meeting with companies or laboratories (as forum of young researchers in june…)
- Formation for CV redaction
- Training for job interviews
- Transversal formations (posters creation, meeting about internationalization of young researchers…)
Hippo’Thèse also maintains the information diffusion by Internet website, forum and mailing.
The association represents PhD candidates in the university, doctoral schools and doctoral college councils and also at national level thanks to its adhesion to the confederation of young researchers (CJC).
Hippo’Thèse propose also some festive outings, visits, and weekends in order to encourage discussions and meetings between future PhD candidates, PhD candidates and young researchers.